Veridian Homes, an innovative company with an emphasis on smart growth and green built practices, is seeking a dynamic Vice President of Land Development to join our team! Within this role, you will be responsible for executing development functions with a focus on planning, entitlement, financial analysis and overall management of the development process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working hand-in-hand with the President of Operations to locate and negotiate contracts for new development opportunities
• Driving land process to meet operating margin goals
• Overseeing and implementing all facets of the development process
• Directing the internal land team and outside engineers and planners in creating an effective strategy for the success of projects and implementing that strategy
• Providing leadership and mentoring for land team
• Meeting with local officials, politicians and municipal staff to assist in the approval process
• Attending planning commission and city council meetings on behalf of Veridian Homes
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Real Estate or Construction Management is preferred
• 10+ years of experience in land development and project management
• Knowledge of construction practices
• Demonstrated ability to build and direct effective teams to manage major development projects
• Detail orientation and drive to always be on top of their areas of responsibility
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to manage up and down
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Superior ability to meet commitments/deadlines
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously through high energy, flexibility and excellent organizational skills
• Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment that strives for continuous quality improvement, we welcome you to apply! Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening is required for extended offers.
Veridian Homes is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: May 1, 2018