Veridian Homes, an innovative company with an emphasis on smart growth and green built practices, is seeking a dynamic Vice President of Land Development to join our team! Within this role, you will be responsible for executing development functions with a focus on planning, entitlement, financial analysis and overall management of the development process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working hand-in-hand with the President of Operations to locate and negotiate contracts for new development opportunities
• Driving land process to meet operating margin goals
• Overseeing and implementing all facets of the development process
• Directing the internal land team and outside engineers and planners in creating an effective strategy for the success of projects and implementing that strategy
• Providing leadership and mentoring for land team
• Meeting with local officials, politicians and municipal staff to assist in the approval process
• Attending planning commission and city council meetings on behalf of Veridian Homes
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Real Estate or Construction Management is preferred
• 10+ years of experience in land development and project management
• Knowledge of construction practices
• Demonstrated ability to build and direct effective teams to manage major development projects
• Detail orientation and drive to always be on top of their areas of responsibility
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to manage up and down
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Superior ability to meet commitments/deadlines
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously through high energy, flexibility and excellent organizational skills
• Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment that strives for continuous quality improvement, we welcome you to apply! Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening is required for extended offers.
Veridian Homes is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information, text, graphics and links provided herein are provided by Veridian Homes as a convenience to its customers. Veridian Homes does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links and other items contained on this server or any other server. All prices, promotions and specifications are subject to change at any time without notice based on the discretion of Veridian Homes.